Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Emergency - and non-emergency - chocolate


Weird though it may sound to most of you I don't spend a lot of time looking at or thinking about chocolate so I may well be passing on a discovery that's totally old hat but I love the witty series of chocolate bars produced by a New Zealand-based firm called Bloomsberry.

The best, I think is Emergency Chocolate "for immediate relief of Chocolate Cravings, Lovesickness, Exam Pressure, Mild Anxiety and Extreme Hunger." The directions for use are fun too: "Tear open wrapper, break off desired dosage and consume. Alternatively massage into the affected area. Repeat dosage as required until finished. If symptoms persist consult your local confectioner."

There are other bars in the same vein as you can see if you log on to the company website www.bloomsberry.com: I particularly like Mother's Little Helper, Bochox and No Weight Gain Chocolate (I wish) but unfortunately it doesn't show the brilliant Flat Pack Easter Egg bars which I shall be buying for members of my family this Easter.

You can get them in Harvey Nichols and probably places like Selfridges. Oh, and the chocolate, which is actually made in Switzerland, is pretty good too.

2 comments: